As a recent report called The Curve produced by NBCUniversal Integrated Media points out, people are more connected to brands in social media than ever, but brands are still falling short.
- Average consumer has 29 brand friends on social networking sites, up from just seven a year ago
- Only 39% interact with brands on a regular basis
- 24% friend or follow brands to get deals or special offers
This data obtained through an online survey distributed among 2,500 18- to 49-year-olds in May 2012. Among this sample, two unique groups were surveyed
and reported on:
- 2,000 nationally representative respondents
- 500 digital trendsetters, a group which represents 5% of the national population and ar e first adopters of technology and highly active in their online social behavior.