Cataloging Your 2010 Trends and Predictions
I haven’t really been a fan when it comes to listing trends and predictions for the new year. After all, shouldn’t we always be looking forward? Especially with the rate of change that currently exists?
That’s not to say that I haven’t contributed my thoughts as to what 2010 holds. Check out the 100 Social Media & Content Marketing Predictions for 2010, where I along with 60+ other marketing minds made our predictions.
I find a lot of value in being able to see future through so many different lenses this time of the year. I can see what topics are repeating and if there are any irregular gems that catch my eye as something to keep a close eye on in the coming months.
So with that goal in mind I’ve listed 46 different 2010 trends and predictions posts, that I’ve organized (as much as I can) by topic.
Please let me know I missed your predictions post. Go ahead and leave a link in the comments. I welcome different perspectives on what 2010 holds.
• 100 Social Media & Content Marketing Predictions for 2010, by Various Authors
• 2010: Year of Digital Distraction?, by Pete Cashmore
• Twitter at a Crossroads: Audience Growth Won’t Be Enough in 2010, by Josh Bernoff
• Social Media 2010: it’s time to get boring, by Jackie Huba
• Top Digital Trends for 2010, by Brian Morrissey
• What’s the Twitter of 2010?, by Mark Evans
• 5 Social Media Implications for Brands in 2010, by Sienna Farris
• 2010 Social Media Influencers – Trend Predictions in 140 Characters, by TrendsSpotting
• ReadWriteWeb 2010 Predictions, by ReadWriteWeb
• The 10 TENsions That Will Define 2010, by Ross Dawson
• Top 5 Predictions for the Next 5 Years in Business Social Media, by Tac Anderson
• 10 Ways Social Media Will Change In 2010, by Ravit Lichtenberg
• 6 Social Media Predictions for 2010, by Amy Porterfield
• 9 digital trends to watch in 2010, by Nuri Djavit
• Nick Law on 2010 Trends, by MediaBeat
• (Social Media) Trends to Watch in 2010, by Mike Sansone
• 2010 Trends: Social Media & Paid Content, by Debra Aho Williamson
• 10 Web trends to watch in 2010, by Pete Cashmore
• How Carrier Evolution will Affect Mobile in 2010, by Vince Lesch
• What will be the major trends in mobile marketing in 2010?, by Giselle Tsirulnik
• 9 unpredictions: What’s not going to happen with mobile in 2010, by Vanessa Horwell
• 10 Trends to Watch in 2010, by David Stutts
• Six Social Media Trends for 2010, by David Armano
• Top ten digital trends for 2010, by Drew Neisser
• 8 Mobile Technologies to Watch in 2010, by Sarah Perez
• 10 Internet Online Trends for 2010, by John Arnold
• Trends That Will Shape Market Research In 2010, by Reineke Reitsma
• 2010 Marketing Predictions, by Matt Granfield
• Three Words to Sing in 2010, by Pete Blackshaw
• 5 Trends That Will Shape Small Business in 2010, by John Jantsch
• Four Email Marketing Predictions for 2010, by Chad White
• Top 10 Brand and Marketing Trends for 2010, by Robert Passikoff
• 11 Smart Marketers Shared Their 2010 Predictions, by Various Authors
• What to Look Out For in 2010, by PRSA
• PR Trends in 2010: The Future of PR, by Sally Falkow
• Envisioning Media Relations: 2010 Predictions, by BurrellesLuce
• Public Relations Measurement 2010: Five Things to Forget & Five Things to Learn, by Don Bartholomew
• 10 Customer Service Trends for 2010, by Barry Moltz
• 8 News Media Business Trends for 2010, by Vadim Lavrusik
• 10 Reasons Media Relations Will Get Easier in 2010, by Jeremy Porter
• 3 Powerful Social Good Trends in 2010, by Ben Rattray
• Five Social Media Fundraising Trends for 2010, by Beth Kanter
• 5 Predictions for the Music Industry in 2010, by Nick Crocker
Finally, to put all of these predictions into perspective, Iain Tait from Crackunit has some mockingly humorous Trend Predictions for 2010.
What did I miss? Let us know what you think 2010 holds in the comments, or leave a link to your trends and predictions post.