ScanLife’s Mobile Barcode Q2 2011 Trend Report is now available. Here are some of the key takeaways:
- A year ago, the ScanLife system was processing 10 scans per minute, and it now does 1 scan per second.
- Scans come from over 125 different countries every day.
- 2D barcode scanning is currently outpacing the growth of 1D barcodes, a major shift from 2010.
- Over 45,000 2D barcodes were generated from the ScanLife platform in the 2nd quarter, a 300% increase from a year ago.
- Over 400,000 unique UPC codes, or products, were scanned by the ScanLife app in a single month.
- The number of females scanning increased 13%, and the 35-44 age-group increased 8% from the last quarter showing a continued trend toward the mainstream.
Download the full report here.