Future of Global Digital Retail [Infographic]
- 21% of consumers conducted a mobile search before making an offline purchase
- A retailer using data to its full could increase its operating margin by more than 60%
- 10-25% of social media users use their social networks to make purchasing decisions
ExactTarget’s Kyle Lacy also identifies 4 key consumer trends identified in the infographic:
- Purchase Journeys Evolution: In the future, the retail customer’s purchase journey will likely put more stock in online reviews and social recommendations. Just take a look at the current state of a customer lifecycle to get an idea of how the purchase process is trending.
- Multi-Channel Is a Must: 10-25% of social media users turn to their social networks when making purchasing decisions.
- Expect Mobile Marketing to Grow: More smartphones mean more retail customers browsing the web and price-checking while in stores.
- Big Data Gets Even Bigger: Big data isn’t going anywhere, and that’s a good thing for retailers.